Banshoji Temple was established to pray for the repose of the soul of Oda Nobuhide (the father of the noted warlord, Oda Nobunaga). The temple was relocated to Osu when Nagoya Castle was built in 1610. Two karakuri mechanical dolls are exhibited: one expresses the scene of Nobunaga throwing incense at his father's funeral, and the other expresses the scene of Nobunaga performing a dance, "Kouwakamai", before going into the battle of Okehazama.
3-29-12 Osu, Naka-ku, Nagoya
|Area||Osu / Kanayama|
|Opening Hours||Open for pilgrims at any time (Shrine)
|Regular Holiday||Open year round (Shrine)
Paid: 200 yen during the day, 50 yen at night, per 30 minutes