The Nagoya Convention & Visitors Bureau (hereinafter "the Bureau") recognizes the importance of protecting personal data and makes every effort to protect personal data according to the policy described below, which serves as the fundamental principles of the Nagoya Convention & Visitors Bureau website.
This policy stipulates the terms by which personal information involved in the operation of the Visit Nagoya website (https://www.nagoya-info.jp/) (hereinafter "this website") by the Bureau is handled. Business affairs are carried out in accordance with the Nagoya Convention & Visitors Bureau's personal information protection rules, but the policy described here is limited to the handling of personal information connected with the operation of this website.
2. Legal Compliance
The Bureau complies with law regarding the protection of personal information (Act No. 57 of 2003) as well as related ordinances and the guidelines provided by related government ministries.
3. Acquisition of Personal Information
The Bureau acquires personal information in a legal and fair manner.
4. Purposes for Using Personal Information
- The Bureau uses personal information only for the purpose for which it is collected, within the scope of what is reasonable relevant to that purpose, and only to the extent required for accomplishing business operations.
- If the Bureau makes joint use of personal information with a specific party or entrusts the handling of personal information to an outside party, the necessary and proper supervision of the partner with whom the information is shared or the business client to whom the information is entrusted shall be carried out to ensure the proper use of personal information
5. Notification and Disclosure of Usage Purposes
Whenever personal information is obtained or used, the Bureau shall notify that person or make an announcement regarding the purpose for using the information, except in instances stipulated by law.
6. Sharing Personal Information with Third Parties
The Bureau shall not share personal information with a third party without the prior consent of that person, except in instances stipulated by law.
7. Management of Personal Data
- The Bureau shall keep personal information accurate and up-to-date, shall manage it in a safe manner, and shall enact whatever security control measures are necessary and proper in order to protect personal information by preventing wrongful disclosure, loss, damage, alteration, and illicit access.
- The Bureau designates its director as the personal information custodian and conducts proper management of personal information.
8. Disclosure, Correction, Usage Suspension, and Deletion of Personal Information
The Bureau shall promptly respond to requests from a person to have their personal information disclosed, have it corrected, have usage suspended, or have it deleted, in accordance with the law.
10. Contact Information Regarding Personal Information
Please apply to the following for all inquiries regarding personal information related to this website.
Operations Department, Nagoya Convention & Visitors Bureau
11F, Nagoya Shokokaigijo Bldg., 2-10-19 Sakae, Naka-ku, Nagoya 460-0008
Hours: Weekdays 8:45 AM to 5:15 PM