Misonikomiudon (Udon noodle in Miso broth) started at Yamamotoya in Osu in 1925.
Yamamotoya has maintained their traditional flavor ever since.
- Traditional handmade noodles passed down from the Taisho period! All noodles served at Okute Yamamotoya are made in-house. It's because they're handmade that they have that particular, delicious texture.
- Our specialty miso! We use a traditional blend of miso in our miso-nikomi udon, with Okazaki Hatcho miso that has been matured for three years as a base. It has a rich yet mild flavor.
- Carefully picked ingredients: Okute Yamamotoya is stocked exclusively with ingredients that have passed the judgement of our master chefs. We carefully check all our ingredients—not only the miso, but also the bonito and mackerel scad used in dashi, the eggs, the chicken meat, and so on—as necessary when the seasons change.
- Carefully picked earthen pots: The earthen pots used at Okute Yamamotoya are custom-made Shigaraki ware. Miso-nikomi udon is made by boiling everything quickly at a high temperature. Using an earthen pot makes the flavor richer and more delicious.
- A champion of food diversity, Okute Yamamotoya has options for Muslims, vegetarians, and vegans!
Misonikomiudon with Nagoya Cochin chicken(local brand chicken)
A perfect combination of their original Miso and Cochin chicken
Stewed vegetables, beef sinew, giblets and egg in a thick Miso soup
Stewed vegetables, beef sinew, giblets and egg in their special rich original Miso
5-9-2, Okute, Chikusa-ku, Nagoya-shi
|Access||3 minutes walk from Exit 1 Fukiage Station on Subway Sakuradori line|
|Regular Holiday||Monday(closed the following weekday when Monday is a national holiday)|